Monday, April 7, 2014

My Weekend

I got to be part of something really special this weekend.  My aunt Wendy came to town.  I love this woman.  She is very much like my mother, whom I also adore.  She's fun, she's thoughtful, and so creative.  Plus she thinks everything I say is funny and I like that. ;-)  Anyway, Wendy asked me to capture this special weekend.  This was the weekend that she was going to meet her newest grandchild and first granddaughter.  I was thrilled by the prospect.  What's so special about a grandparent meeting a new grandbaby?  In my opinion, that is always a special moment, but it's really special for Wendy because a) she lives on the other side of the country in a land called Georgia.  Break out your maps.  Yeah, it's pretty far from Idaho.  Guess how often she gets to see her grandkids in person.  Not that often.  b) This is the first granddaughter ever!  If you knew my aunt Wendy and what an adorably cute girly girl she is, you'd know how excited she is to finally have a granddaughter. 

Anyway, the photo shoot was awesome.  We took a ton of pictures.  Some of grandma with grandsons.  Some of the entire family.  Some of uncle Danny playing with nephews.  Some of grandma and baby Chloe.  Some of the parents and baby Chloe.  I was exhausted by the end but super excited to see how the pictures came out.  I got to use my new 50mm for a few shots as well as my other new lens, the 15-70mm.  Both lenses are beyond fabulous and now my poor kit lens looks at me from the recesses of my camera bag looking pitiful.  I'm very pleased with how these pictures turned out.  The style ended up being similar to a lifestyle newborn shoot.  What do you think?

That unbelievably gorgeous lady?  Yeah, that's grandma and boy does she love being a grandma.

I love these little fingers wrapped around her grandmother's hand. 


Such an adorable family.  They also have two fantastic little boys.

I think both of these little ladies are in heaven.

She little girl already looks very much like her gorgeous mother.   Little Chloe was getting ready to be fed and so mom had to hold her off for a bit by letting her suck on her thumb.  Too precious. 

Such tiny feet!!


Every mom has to remember moments like these.  Brings back memories of sleep-deprived newborn days and oh how good it felt to snuggle with your little one and take a nap together. 

I love how his hand is comforting her and holding her arms, while his other hand gently holds her foot.  Truly enveloped in daddy's arms. 

2 comments:

  1. Meant to tell you today how great these look! You have a great eye and are really good at capturing emotion.
    We really should go out again soon and use a bunch of my uncles stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That means a lot coming from a photographer I admire so much. We should definitely go out again. Last time was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete