Friday, May 2, 2014

All in White

Recently a friend of mine asked me to take some pictures of her new baby girl in her blessing gown.  I was thrilled at the prospect.  There are so few times when a girl can wear all white and get away with it, so when the occasion arises, you'd better get all done up and snap a few pictures, right?  The idea was to show off the dress before little Hailey grew out of it, which happens faster than most mothers would like.  So this was a bit different from what a newborn session might look like.  First off, Hailey was awake the whole time.  So posing her in those typical newborn shots wasn't really going to work.  But she was very pleasant the whole time.  She only cried a bit when I tried to get her to put her arm under her head as she lay on her side.  Apparently she prefers her hands to be closer to her mouth.  Other than that, she was perfectly content to lay there, looking pretty and gazing at the pretty lights I used.  Because it was a mini session, I kept the shoot really simple and short, but I hope that end result captures what my friend was after.








No comments:

Post a Comment