Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The 31st of February

It has been way too long since I photographed a band on stage.  Almost my entire high school and college life was spent going from one concert to another, mostly of local bands.  My husband was in two of the bands that occupied my weekends for years on end.  I love going to local shows and rarely get the chance anymore.  Arik, my husband, and his band mates in college all had to eventually get jobs and do other things (well almost everyone, one still plays and makes a good living doing it) and for a while going to shows and jumping up and down in a busy crowd was a thing of the past.  However, Arik, many years ago, decided to start this after school club called Rock Band.  He intent was to teach budding musicians how to play in a band together.  They learn cover songs and perform at school assemblies.  Just this last weekend, his latest collection of musicians put on a show and I got to go, along with the kids, to enjoy the music.  They did a great job!!  Some of these kids have been in this club since 8th grade and are showing some awesome talent.  Arik loves it because it gives him an excuse to act like we are both much younger than we are.  

So here is my little collection of photos from the concert on Saturday.  They hope to have another one next week, this time with some sweet lights.  Oh yeah, their band name is The 31st of February.


























No comments:

Post a Comment