Thursday, May 15, 2014

Weekday Shoot

I remember when I was twelve.  I was rather small for my age.  The runt of the litter, if you will.  I had only about a teaspoon of confidence and the stirrings of teenage rebellion was just around the corner.   

Nowadays I'm surrounded by twelve year-olds in my church assignment and I. LOVE. IT!  So when my old friend asked me to take some pictures of her twelve year-old daughter, who I haven't seen since she was itty bitty, I was super excited.  And she was everything that I have come to know twelve year-olds to be.  Sweet, pleasant, but so full of ideas and talent and, shall we say, sparkle.  It was a real treat to skip around downtown with this little lady and capture her personality.  Hopefully, she and her mom will be pleased with the fruits of that evening.  










Okay, so this last one, well it might just be for me.  When she sat down by that wall, this image popped into my head and I told her to look toward me but not at me, as if something was vaguely interesting to her just beyond where I sat.  She naturally arranged her legs in this position and then, click!  I don't think this kind of picture is what mom was after.  I can't pin down why exactly I love this one so much, nor why I loved it even more when I rendered it in black and white, but I really love her expression, her pose and the surroundings.




No comments:

Post a Comment