Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dance Party!

What do you do when it's crappy outside and everyone is bored?  We have regular dance parties at our house.  I decided to see if I could make today's party into a photo session.  It was less successful than I had hoped for, mostly because my background was less than stellar.  I need actual photo paper I think. It was also hard to capture the action with limited light.  I even had actual studio lights set up, but my lens needed to be a different, more expensive one.  A photography hobby is not a cheap hobby.  By the way, if you want to buy me anything that I am lamenting I don't have, feel free.  You can consider it an investment and I'll do your next family portraits for free.  ;-) 

Anyway, the ones of the girls turned out the best, mostly because they dance in predictable patterns and actually dance to the beat.  I have no idea who taught the boys to dance (cough...dad!).


I wanted a pure white background and to my eye, this background was pretty dang white, especially after I put some lights on it.  But a lens don't always see what the eye does, at least not my lens. It's a good lens, don't get me wrong.  The majority of the pics on this blog were taken with that lens, but it has its limitations.





See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment