Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Playing Second Fiddle

A friend of mine, a wonderful photographer, invited me to tag along during an engagement shoot a few Saturdays ago.  She even let me use one of her cameras.  This wasn't just any camera, it was the Nikon d7100.  It has a lot of the same specs of the camera I'm looking to purchase and so it was fun to play with settings and get the hang of it.  Anyway, back to the shoot or session or whatever you want to call it.  Brandi taught me quite a bit about posing and lighting, how she uses her own camera and great locations.  I can't thank her enough for letting me invade her work and practice.  She does amazing work and so getting a chance to learn from her was a real treat.  Most of the pics I took were experiments.  I spent a lot of the shoot fiddling with the camera and playing around with it.  The couple kept their eyes trained on Brandi, especially after I informed them that I was just playing second fiddle and not to pay attention to me.  I did get a few where they were looking at me though.  It was nice that I wasn't the principal photographer during this session.  It took the pressure off and I was free to "play around" and learn without threat of screwing up this couple's engagement pictures.  Take a peek at Brandi's blog

Anyway, here are four of the probably hundreds that I took.  Between me and Brandi, we probably took like 300 pictures of this cute couple. 








No comments:

Post a Comment