Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Some more pics of my kids in the snow.....as if there weren't enough.

I like snow.  It does such a good job at covering up the ugly transition between winter and spring.  Lately the weather has been warmer and all the snow melted.  That meant all you could see for miles were dead-looking trees and matted, yellow grass.  But a blanket of snow randomly plopped down today and we took advantage. 

I read in this book that I'm reading that one way to improve your photography was to take the same shots you normally would, like Dani being my big helper here, but do it from a different angle.  What do you think?

I took advantage of the abundance of diffused light outside today and upped by shutter speed to capture this. 

She shoveled half the driveway before she collapsed dramatically from the exertion.  Such a trooper.  I tried a warmer edit of this picture.  Good?  Bad?

Did the warmer edit on this one too.  I like this one because Jackson seems to be staring nobly off in the distance but he's humbled a bit by his snow booger. 

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful. I can tell you seriously want to improve your skills by reading up on what you can do differently. I LOVE the one of Dani shoveling the snow. I cannot wait for our Grandma photo session!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW I post as Colleen Telford for a reason. I'll tell you when I see you. It's me...Aunt Wendy

      Delete
  2. I can tell by your avatar picture that it was you. Are you going under witness protection or something?

    ReplyDelete