Monday, February 3, 2014

First Family Portrait Session

My brother's family asked me to take some pictures for them in the beginning of Fall last year.  It was way fun and I learned a ton from this session.  So thankful that I have family who will let me practice on them.  They have a new addition arriving in June and I'll be doing a newborn session for them.  I'll post those when I do.











I learned a lot about lighting from this session and more about posing people.  I learned, after editing them, that always having the subject facing the camera didn't always make the best shot.  The last one of my brother talking with his little boy in my favorite. It's so "in the moment."  They are a gorgeous family so it's would have been hard to NOT get a good shot of them, but I still learned a lot about composition and lighting.  Hopefully I can do some more for them in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment