Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday Night Couples Session

Tonight I got the honor of doing some portraits for my little brother and his girlfriend.  Since it was an indoor session and it was at night and it was in my basement, we chose to go the black and white route.  I'll be doing some more of them come early fall.  They plan on dressing up like characters from The Great Gatsby for Halloween and thought it would make a cool photo shoot.  But back to the here and now.  Since I was working with a black backdrop and my subjects were dressed very plainly as I asked them to be, the session was a very intimate one meaning it was all about the posing and the couple.  There were no fences to lean against, no branches to frame the shot, no flowing field of grass to sit in.  It was just this cute couple.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  However, I cannot wait for warmer weather so I can do sessions like this outside.  I know you can do winter sessions outside, but with the wind we've been cursed with as of late, there's no chance of getting one of those surreal, fairy-land white shots of a cute couple cuddling in the snow.

So here is my brother, Nathan and his cute girlfriend, Stephanie.  There were so good throughout the whole session and allowed me to try lots of different poses, including our cheesy, awkward 80s portrait pose.  Be sure to check that one out.















And what studio photo session would be complete without the cheesy, slightly awkward 80s pose?



I told them to limber up and get some yoga in before our next shoot because next time, we're trying this pose............



No comments:

Post a Comment